This is a new course, designed for anyone who needs to develop or refresh their view of their own land.
The course is a self-study course, so it has no fixed start date and you have six months to work through the material at your own pace. Full access to both components of the course is just £95 for six months, which should be ample time to work through the material.
Students are offered two parallel (or sequential) processes. The first (Observation) is to develop observational capacity which will serve you well in understanding your land. Observation exercises are designed to work alongside reading and recorded seminars. These present ideas in understanding nature, and how to think about nature in a more holistic way.
The second (Farm Organism) takes students through the different elements of a holding (soil, plant, animal, both wild and cultivated) as well as looking at the unique location, the social and cultural activities and the sustainable elements of the holding. By examining these different aspects of your land and layering these into an interrelated whole, you will gain a view of your holding with refreshed vision and new understanding.
To Enrol in the New Eyes for Land Course
- Follow this link to our Moodle site where the course is hosted: BDAC Moodle site
- Click on the link to the New Eyes for Land Course in the ‘Site News’ post.
- You’ll be prompted to Log In. If you’ve taken an online course with BDAC before you can use your same Moodle username and password to log in. Otherwise, create a new account.
- Once you’ve logged in you’ll see a PayPal link to register for the course.
- That’s it! After completing your PayPal payment you should receive a confirmation email and have full access to the observation course on Moodle to get started as soon as you like.
- We’ll manually enrol you in the farm organism course and send you a confirmation email within a few days. You’ll have access to all the course materials for 6 months.
If you have any questions or need assistance with registration please contact email@example.com